The value of public transport for any state can hardly be overestimated. Constant route network monitoring, traffic flow tracking and routes update to assure high-level transportation service – these are priority measures for public transportation improvement. The sphere of public transportation demands precise control of transport performance and its specific parameters which are often not provided by the functionality of an average fleet management system. What’s more, a range of parameters to control is defined by local regulations and requirements.
Several years ago our partner from Kazakhstan – KazIntersoft – came up with public transport management and reporting system, developed on the basis of Wialon SDK.
The key element of KazInterSoft solution is BusReport system designed for transport operators and municipal governments. BusReport provides a wide range of reports, graphs and diagrams to help public traffic dispatchers or fleet managers perform the following:
- Online monitoring and tracking;
- Violations control (overspeeding, etc.);
- Deviation from route detection;
- Schedule control;
- Interval control;
- Performance monitoring;
- Passenger flow monitoring.
BusReport system can also be used by local authorities, defining and controlling public transportation policy. The reporting tools are intended to resolve the following issues:
- Elimination of unnecessary duplication of public transport routes;
- Reducing transit routes that pass through city center;
- Ensuring that public transport routes follow the main passenger flow directions and provide them with the possibility of direct trips;
- Coordination of public transport routes, reassignment of the existing routes from the areas with excessive transport load to the areas with poor transport access;
- Revision of existing route parameters to make better prices per passenger;
- Establishment of new public transport routes relevant to newly-built neighborhoods and places of public attraction.
For citizens and city tourists KazInterSoft developed a handy InfoBus app which visualizes real-time data on transport movements, arrival times and generates optimal routes from A to B. InfoBus service is available in three modes: mobile app, web service and website plugin.
Daily BusReport utilization allows transport companies and municipal governments to achieve positive results by means of:
- Enforcement of schedules;
- Real-time fleet monitoring;
- Emergency traffic and transport management;
- Compliance with speed limits and routes;
- Significant reduction of passenger complaints about the quality of passenger transportation;
- Reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
Currently BusReport system by KazInterSoft is successfully implemented in the cities of Kazakhstan, Russia and the Ukraine. The demand for such solution is also shown in non-CIS countries. For more information on BusReport system, please contact KazInterSoft or Gurtam sales managers at email@example.com.
We’re proud that our partners successfully use Wialon SDK module and develop additional tools for public transportation control since such solutions are in high demand worldwide. We’d like to mention Gurtam is also developing specific product for the industry – recently we’ve announced proprietary “Passengers” module, allowing for passenger count based on RFID-technologies. And soon we’ll certainly uncover the details in Gurtam blog, so follow the news.
If you have useful Wialon cases or Wialon-based solutions and would like to share them in our blog, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know about your successes. Let’s make the winning article together!