Last week we updated Wialon Hosting. Hope you are having fun testing new features! This week it’s time for St.Valentine’s Day congratulations, and everybody knows that. What you might not know is that it’s time for Logistics update as well! It is not really big but very functional. Let’s have a closer look at it.
The updated service features additional filters, ACL, notifications and the full-screen map.
Limited access with regard to users and units
The TOP account owners can limit the rights of their end users via the user flags. From now on, it is true not only for Wialon but Logistics as well. This option helps to distinguish the roles of employees while working with the web-application. For example, there is the person who creates orders, the logistics specialist who distributes them among the fleet vehicles, and the operator who tracks these orders. To do this, the top users have to deactivate some flags in CMS Manager:
- Can send SMS. As a result, telephone numbers in orders can’t be edited and imported; SMS text can’t be changed in notifications settings, and the information messages can’t be sent to the specified phone numbers. It helps to avoid the payment for those SMS that aren’t really needed.
- Can change settings. As a result, the service settings are available in reading mode only. It means they can’t be changed without the approval of the top user.
- Can create items. As a result, the user can’t add new orders. It prevents the creation of accidental orders and their further distribution.
The same limitation is true for unit access. The end user isn’t allowed to use the unit in any way if they don’t have the right to:
- View item and its basic properties (it isn’t displayed on the map and in the lists);
- Query reports or messages (tracks are not displayed);
- Use unit in jobs, notifications, routes, retranslators.
This feature ensures that all the changes are introduced by authorized employees.
New filters in route edit mode
The new filtration mechanism helps to carry out the app search much faster than before. First of all, we added the filtration by name in the orders edit dialog and in the dialog of changing the unit on the planned route. Then we added the option of search patterns (wildcards) in the corresponding fields of the application. It means that you can use metacharacters as a part of a search request:
- “*” replaces one, several or none characters;
- “?” replaces just one character.
Now it is a piece of cake for you to find all the orders from “?allmart” or “Tes*o” and you won’t miss them even when you don’t exactly remember the name of the system’s item.
So that the dispatcher doesn’t miss anything important on the current processes, we added the option of getting browser notifications. Activate them now and you will:
- see the notification in any case. The messages are displayed over all windows and even when the browser is minimized;
- know about Logistics notifications even when reading our blog on the other tab. The number of unread notifications is displayed in the page title.
In the notifications dialog, you are also able to search through them by entering necessary keywords. As soon as the dialog window is closed, all the notifications are marked as read.
Very often operators need a big-sized map to make a clear screenshot or analyze the vehicles distribution in the region. That is why we added the option of a full-screen map.
It is displayed in the way that the operator will be able to track all the selected elements at once. A new feature is available for the “Planning” and “Routes” tabs.
The functionality of the map itself hasn’t changed. You still have the opportunity to select the orders on the map and read the information in pop-up windows.
The option is activated by clicking the “Toggle fullscreen mode” button. In case there are any problems, the map collapses after clicking on a deselected area of the screen. Now, working with the map has become even more convenient than ever.
This is all about the update. In the meantime, we are waiting for Logistics 2.5 with new planned routes, orders import, notifications and other features. It will get into Wialon Local 1804. Get ready for hot March!